The Cornell Club of San Diego has once again reserved a day for a community service event at the San Diego Jacobs and Cushman Food Bank. This Cornell Cares Day event has been one of our biggest events the past two years, and one of the best-attended Cornell Cares Day events sponsored by any Cornell Alumni Club across the U.S.! We invite you to join us in making this year’s event another resounding success.
The San Diego Food Bank distributes locally sourced food directly to families and individuals in need, and also provides food to 350 nonprofit organizations that operate feeding programs. The San Diego Food Bank relies on volunteers to help defray labor costs. Come out and support your community with fellow Cornellians as we sort and bag food for distribution to the community together.
The Food Bank has a specific but easy procedure for registering groups like ours, so please pay close attention to the following directions. Each person volunteering will need to register and sign up through the Food Bank website. Please review the information below for detailed instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: Deadline to register is March 9, 2019, one week before the event occurs. After this date, any empty spaces in our reserved block of 45 will be opened to the general public and will likely quickly fill up.
If you would like to bring a family member or friend, they are more than welcome; just remember that each of your guests must also individually register - which includes kids, friends, significant other, family member, etc. at the above website or they will not be allowed to volunteer at the event.
Thank you for volunteering with the Food Bank and participating in this Cornell Club of San Diego event!
For questions about this event contact: Karen Kearns (email@example.com)
Instructions for new volunteers to Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank:
2. Click “Create an account”
3. Create a user name and password, click next
4. Enter join code “ccsd1“ (join code is case sensitive), click next
5. Fill out account information and click “finish”
6. Scroll to the event date 3/16 and register for the shift Morning Shift Warehouse Volunteer 8:00am – 11:00am by clicking on the green sign up circle next to the shift.
Instructions for volunteers with an existing Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank volunteer profile but new to your group:
2. Sign in with existing user name and password
3. Click “Your Account” in the upper right corner of the screen
4. Click on “join code” box
5. Enter join code “ccsd1“ (join code is case sensitive) .
6. Click “join” and “go to my account” on the pop up screen.
7. Scroll to the event date 3/16 and register for the shift Morning Shift Warehouse Volunteer 8:00am – 11:00am by clicking on the green sign up circle next to the shift.
IMPORTANT THINGS FOR EACH VOLUNTEER TO KNOW
Must wear closed toed shoes.
Plan on arriving 10-15 minutes early for the shift. Late arrivals may not be permitted to volunteer.
Volunteers must be 11 years old or older. Volunteers aged 6-10 years may only participate in guided tours.
Volunteers aged 11-15 must be accompanied by an adult. We require a ratio of 1 adult for every 4 children.